Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Felting Heaven


After doing a textiles workshop, I decided to try lots of felting and knitting techniques.


This was me experimenting with felting and sewing. I made this swatch of felt using wool, hot water and washing up liquid. I then had the idea of sewing maps onto the felt to see how they turned out.



This is a map of Limerick sew onto some felt taht I made.



And this is a map of Paris sewn on. I think the map of paris really resembles the wheel of a bike. The circular shape surrounding the outter area and all the differnt roads resembling the spokes of a wheel is one idea that I would like to play with.



These, then, are some experimental balls of felt that i made.




This final felt ball really looks like a globe!



As part of my giant mixed media collage, I decided to make a large piece of felt and sew on a picture. This will eventually turn out to be part of a bike and basket so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment